Friday Fix: Parade of the Giants, Marrakesh.

This is the ninth edition of my bi-weekly series, Friday Fix, a quick burst of inspiration to spur you (and me) on through our final day in the office. The idea of these photos is to give you a glimpse of some of the most incredible things I've seen in a format you can digest in a coffee break...

Celebration, parade of giants, Marrakesh, Morocco.

I wish I could explain to you what this was all about...

Only a couple of days into my trip through Morocco, I stumbled upon this surreal scene entirely by accident. Speaking only the barest scraping of French and no Arabic whatsoever, I wasn't in a position to ask the locals.

This weeks Friday Fix is a homage to the unexplained- that curious feeling of finding yourself in an entirely alien situation which everyone else is taking in their stride.

When you find a single chicken's foot at the bottom of your soup or new friends burst into a "Happy Birthday" rendition you've never heard before, savour the moment. This is one of the things I miss the most in the UK.

If anyone has any idea what this parade was celebrating, I would be very grateful for an answer. It would have been some time near the end of June and took place through the streets of Marrakesh. Thank-you in advance!

Camille (Tuesday, 23 June 2015 15:40)

I love your little Friday postcards! It looks like there was a popular arts festival in Marrakesh in June, so maybe a part of that?

www.camilleinwonderlands.com

Katie Featherstone (Tuesday, 23 June 2015 20:47)

Yeah, I have been trying to google it too Camille- maybe! I just wondered if the giants had any significance really. Such huge creations!

Becky Padmore (Saturday, 27 June 2015 01:46)

Ahh lovely would have loved to have seen that when I was there!

Shikha (whywasteannualleave) (Saturday, 27 June 2015 09:07)

I love your Friday postcards too Katie even though I'm always so behind with my blog reading that I sometimes end up reading it the following Friday! This is just such a great photo and I'd have been equally curious! It's such a strange feeling, like you say, when everyone else walks on by like it's the most normal thing in the world and you're left in a state of unanswered curiosity!

Katie Featherstone (Monday, 29 June 2015 20:04)

I don't mind how behind you are Shikha- really, thank-you for stopping by this week! :)

Paul Greenway (Friday, 03 July 2015 17:40)

I hope you tried to ride that camel!

Katie Featherstone (Friday, 03 July 2015 17:41)

haha!

Agness (Saturday, 04 July 2015 18:46)

Marrakesh looks absolutely fantastic!!! How come I have never been there?!

Katie Featherstone (Saturday, 04 July 2015 20:00)

Soon!

Phone Credit For Refugees and Displaced People is a volunteer run organisation. I can't stress their importance enough - please click on the image below and join the facebook group to find out how you can help. If you are not on facebook, you can still donate here

You can find Feathery Travels on facebook, twitter and pinterest.