Friday Fix: Parade of the Giants, Marrakesh.

This is the ninth edition of my bi-weekly series, Friday Fix, a quick burst of inspiration to spur you (and me) on through our final day in the office. The idea of these photos is to give you a glimpse of some of the most incredible things I've seen in a format you can digest in a coffee break...

Celebration, parade of giants, Marrakesh, Morocco.

I wish I could explain to you what this was all about...

Only a couple of days into my trip through Morocco, I stumbled upon this surreal scene entirely by accident. Speaking only the barest scraping of French and no Arabic whatsoever, I wasn't in a position to ask the locals.

This weeks Friday Fix is a homage to the unexplained- that curious feeling of finding yourself in an entirely alien situation which everyone else is taking in their stride.

When you find a single chicken's foot at the bottom of your soup or new friends burst into a "Happy Birthday" rendition you've never heard before, savour the moment. This is one of the things I miss the most in the UK.

If anyone has any idea what this parade was celebrating, I would be very grateful for an answer. It would have been some time near the end of June and took place through the streets of Marrakesh. Thank-you in advance!

Camille (Tuesday, 23 June 2015 15:40)

I love your little Friday postcards! It looks like there was a popular arts festival in Marrakesh in June, so maybe a part of that?

www.camilleinwonderlands.com

Katie Featherstone (Tuesday, 23 June 2015 20:47)

Yeah, I have been trying to google it too Camille- maybe! I just wondered if the giants had any significance really. Such huge creations!

Becky Padmore (Saturday, 27 June 2015 01:46)

Ahh lovely would have loved to have seen that when I was there!

Shikha (whywasteannualleave) (Saturday, 27 June 2015 09:07)

I love your Friday postcards too Katie even though I'm always so behind with my blog reading that I sometimes end up reading it the following Friday! This is just such a great photo and I'd have been equally curious! It's such a strange feeling, like you say, when everyone else walks on by like it's the most normal thing in the world and you're left in a state of unanswered curiosity!

Katie Featherstone (Monday, 29 June 2015 20:04)

I don't mind how behind you are Shikha- really, thank-you for stopping by this week! :)

Paul Greenway (Friday, 03 July 2015 17:40)

I hope you tried to ride that camel!

Katie Featherstone (Friday, 03 July 2015 17:41)

haha!

Agness (Saturday, 04 July 2015 18:46)

Marrakesh looks absolutely fantastic!!! How come I have never been there?!

Katie Featherstone (Saturday, 04 July 2015 20:00)

Soon!