I wrote this muddly stream of consciousness while living in the woods nearly a year ago. Though I usually try to avoid click-bait "Top 10" titles, I thought I'd share this one for your amusement...
1. Your shoes are revolting but perfectly moulded to the shape of your feet. Your feet have never been more comfortable or looked worse.
2. Half your tan washes off in the shower.
3. Your idea of luxury is a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and cube of cheddar cheese (or maybe a bath).
4. Nearly all your electrical items are broken and your phone is just an impractical watch.
5. The roles of scarfs, towels, blankets and skirts have become interchangeable to you and you will never consider buying a white item of clothing again.
6. You're seen more sunrises than you can count on your fingers.
7. You steal paper napkins from grimy sandwich shops to use as toilet paper.
8. The days of the week have lost all meaning to you, but you can instantly convert several currencies in your head.
9. You have mild phobias of wet socks, bus toilets and taxi drivers.
10. Your only sleeping requirements are a relative lack of biting insects, limited leaks and a fair chance that no one will steal your valuables off your bed in the night.